What is a Bricklayer?
Bricklayers work in varied aspects of building, industrial, commercial and residential construction. They build walls, partitions, chimneys and other structural forms from brick, block or other masonry material. They work with mortar using a trowel. They also use chisels, joiners, block hammers and powered saws.
Much of a bricklayer’s work is done outdoors and generally depends upon suitable weather conditions. It is a very strenuous trade with much stooping and lifting required. A bricklayer needs to be able to work in a variety of duties requiring close tolerance and must be able to work well in heights.
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 4 years
· 6 month probationary period
· A minimum of 160 hours of classroom related
instruction each year
· Starting pay – 50% journeyman wage
How do I qualify?
· At least 18 years of age
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Have a valid driver’s license
· In good physical condition
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Good reading ability
· Courses in math and science
· blueprint reading
Where do I apply?
Page Last Updated: Nov 02, 2020 (11:22:42)