TILE, MARBLE & TERRAZZO WORKER
What is a Tile, Marble and Terrazzo Worker?
Tile, Marble and Terrazzo craftsperson works with a wide range of materials and techniques. They lay marble and ceramic tile and marble panels. They also mix, lay and grind terrazzo. (Terrazzo is made of concrete and colored marble chips). Craftsmen do new work as well as repairing and remodeling schools, hospitals, banks, office buildings and retail shopping centers. They use a variety of hand and power tools and must be able to work from blueprints
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 3 years
· 6 month probationary period
· A minimum of 144 hours of classroom
related instruction each year
· Starting pay – 60% journeyman wage
How do I qualify?
· At least 18 years of age
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Have a valid driver’s license
· In good physical condition
· Pass a drug test
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Good reading ability
· Math courses
· Drafting and blueprint reading
Where do I apply?
Greater Cincinnati Tile, Marble and Terrazzo JATC
3 Kovach Dr.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45215
Page Last Updated: Apr 22, 2012 (14:31:47)