What is a Glazier?
Glazing consists of installing steel and aluminum framed windows, metal and aluminum panels in offices, factories, warehouses, high-rise buildings, retail stores and malls. Glaziers also install revolving and automatic doors. They are sometimes required to work from swing stages on high buildings.
Glaziers work indoors and out, depending upon the task to be done. Window fabricating and some installations are done indoors, however glaziers do much of their work outdoors or in unheated areas.
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 4 years
· A minimum of 160 hours of classroom related
instruction each year
· Starting pay – 50% journeyman wage
· Pay increases every 6 months.
How do I qualify?
· At least 18 years of age
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Have a valid driver’s license
· Physically able to perform the work of the trade
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Math classes
· Blueprint reading
· Mechanical drawing
Where do I apply?
Page Last Updated: Mar 28, 2018 (13:04:33)