What is An Operating Engineer?
An Operating Engineer operates construction equipment that assist other tradesmen in the construction of roads, bridges, dams, buildings both large and small and many other structures.
The work of an operating engineer is divided into two general classifications.
graders, backhoes and cranes.
bridges, dams and large buildings
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 4 years
· Probationary period – 450 hours
· A minimum of 160 hours of classroom related
instruction each year
· Starting pay – 50% journeyman wage
How do I qualify?
· At least 18 years of age by May 1st in the year you apply
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
. $20.00 Test Fee
. Have a valid driver’s license and be capable of passing
. the Commercial Drivers License (CDL) test
. Have dependable transportation
· Be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Pass a drug test and a Background check
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Good math skills
· Good reading ability
· Blueprint reading
· Mechanical ability
Where do I apply?
Maurice Davis, Regional Coordinator
4250 Soldiers Home Miamisburg Road
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
(937) 859-5211 or (800) 635-4928
Page Last Updated: Mar 28, 2018 (13:13:38)