What is a Cement Mason?
Cement masons finish the exposed concrete surfaces of freshly poured floors, walls, sidewalks, foundations, dams, parking garages and lots, runways, warehouses, loading dock floors, roads, and curbs to specified textures or finishes. They level, shape and smooth surfaces using straight edgers or power screeds. Most of the work is in industrial and commercial buildings. Cement masons must know the working characteristics of various, cement and concrete mixes.
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 3 years
· 6 month probationary period
· A minimum of 144 hours of classroom
related instruction each year
· Starting pay – 70% journeyman wage
How do I qualify?
· At least 18 years of age
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Have a valid driver’s license
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Good work ethics and attendance
· Willing to do physical work
· Good math and reading skills
· Willing to work outdoors
Where do I apply?
Christie Farrow, Coordinator Andy Kitchens II
Page Last Updated: Mar 28, 2018 (10:24:07)