What is an Electrician?
Electrical construction is a dynamic and diverse industry with specialized skills. The inside electrician must be able to layout, assemble, install, repair and test entire electrical and electronic systems. Along with their electrical training, journeyman electricians must have a complete working knowledge of blueprint reading and know the National Electric Code and local codes. There is of course the hazard of electrical shock and burns from “live” wires. Therefore, safe work practice is a must. Electricians must be mechanically inclined, physically fit and enjoy working with mathematical formulas. Electrical work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions.
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 5 years
· A minimum of 900 hours of classroom training
· A minimum of 8000 hours of on-the-job training
· Starting pay – 45% journeyman wage
· College credit earned through Northwest State
How do I qualify? (Bring with you to apply)
· $10.00 application fee.
· At least 17 years of age
· Possess a diploma or GED and provide High School Transcripts
· Have a valid driver’s license or a valid State ID
(Aptitude Test is scheduled after all above qualifications have been met)
Receive a qualifying score on Aptitude Test and you will be scheduled for an interview.
* Cincinnati 212 JATC accepts WORKKEYS NCRC Certificate in lieu of taking our aptitude test. You must have a minimum score of a 4 on all three sections, Applied Mathmatics, Reading for Information and Locating Information.
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Above average reading ability
· Algebra, geometry, trigonometry
· Physical science
· Mechanical drawing and blueprint reading
Where do I apply?
Charlie Kenser/Chris Fridel, Bobby Angst, Training Director
Training Directors Butler & Warren County JATC
Cincinnati Area Electrician’s JATC 4300 Millikin Road
5455 Glenway Avenue Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Cincinnati, Ohio 45238 (513)863-6115
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Page Last Updated: Nov 03, 2020 (10:36:12)