What is a Carpenter?
Carpenters today are many things, from builders of small residential homes, to fabricators of the most complex industrial settings. The conditions they work in are as varied as the skill levels they possess. They weld metals, mold plastics, saw woods, form concrete, build scaffolds, layout the tallest buildings and put the final key in the door. Their tools are hammers, saws, lasers, digital and electronic devices and organizational skills.
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 4 years
· Four weeks of classroom related
instruction each year
· 3 month probationary period
· Starting pay – 40% journeyman wage
How do I qualify?
· At least 17 years of age
· Possess a high school diploma or GED
· Desire to be the best
· Ability to pass a drug test
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Good personal and social skills
· Courses in math, science and communication skills
· Develop reasoning and problem solving skills
· Acquired related work experience
Where do I apply?
Joe Travis, Training Coordinator
Southwest Ohio Carpenters JATC
361 Breaden Drive
Monroe, Ohio 45050
Page Last Updated: Apr 30, 2012 (07:16:51)