What is a Painter?
Learn your new career in the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades! In the Painters Apprenticeship Program, IUPAT Painters are thoroughly trained to be the best and most qualified painting professionals for all projects. Painters apply paint, stain, varnish and other finishes to residential, commercial and industrial structures. They are able to choose the right paint or finish for the surface to be covered by taking into account durability, ease of handling, method of application, safety and customer desires. Some IUPAT painting projects require an artistic touch for the restoration of historic buildings – and the IUPAT painters are well prepared to handle these and any other painting job.
What are the program specifics?
· 4 years program
· 144 hours of classroom related instruction each year
· 1500 hours of on-the-job training each year
· Starting pay – 45% journeyman rate at the time of application
How do I qualify?
· Must be 18 years of age
· Have a High School Diploma or GED
· Have a valid Driver’s License and Transportation
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Knowledge of the construction industry
· Desire to learn
· Good work ethic
· General Math and reading Skills
· Physically able to perform the work of the trade
Where do I apply?
IUPAT DC 6
200 Kovach Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45215
Page Last Updated: Mar 01, 2018 (13:59:44)